Deja vu...

When is se the RM005-FM I can't help but get that itchy feeling. Yes, that weird feeling that although I am not 100% convinced it is a watch for me it might though be a very interesting watch to own in the future. Inevitably I would regret my decision if I didn't go for it.

It's the same felling I had when I decided NOT to get the OffShore "End of Days", big mistake. Actually, both share many similarities. They are both Limited Editions, although 300 and 500 respectively are not what I would call limited at that price point and total production numbers. Both look more like funky sumer watches and don't really reflect an expensive feeling, back then the EOD looked like a citizen diver and the FM looks like a LEGO watch. Both deviate substantially from the other lineup, the FM with the sandblasted finish and the EOD with the PVD coating. Both have something yellow in them. Both have detractors at first and fans later...

Looking at these similarities I can't help but wonder if the FM will follow the EOD and almost triple in value over time. My only negative point would be that the FM is at a much higher price point than the EOD was, which by todays standards could be considered a bargain. Regular production watches that start at the 30's range usually don't ever go beyond their list price (except for some very rare Pateks or other vintage watches of course) even if they are LEs. Will the FM ever be worth something in the 90's? I sincerely doubt that, but maybe in 30 years... with inflation who knows.



Richard Mille...
Audemars Piguet...

1 comment:

Speedmaster said...

I absolutely love RM Watches.