Special What?

Lately brands are making many limited editions that I would not call limited at all. Most of them end up doing quiet well but to me a 1.000 or so RoyalOaks or 300 Richard Milles is NOT what I would call limited. If these numbers where by Rolex or Omega I would call them Limited since their production numbers are considerably higher. At these numbers I would rather call them "popular models with a finite production run". Hummm... I guess that this definition would not be very commercial, so scratch that idea. I just can't stand things that are called "Special Edition". What does that mean?... we are going to produce an unknown amount of this model, that is incidentally a bit nicer than the regular one, for a little more money and until sales don't do so well anymore...? How stupid is that? I really hope never to see that on a watch. The Nokia 8800 Titanium Special Edition would be an example...

Note: The 8800 has improved a great deal since its first appearance a year ago. If you have one make sure you have the latest firmware version 4.10 on it. the new version makes the 8800 actually work! Except for the limited battery life it is a great phone (finally after proper software). You can check your software version by pressing *#0000# and the display should show your latest software version.

Nokia...

No comments: